Every year, normally on the Alumni Day, the best Master, Examination or Doctoral thesis of the Faculty of Physics and Astronomy will be awarded a prize. In addition there is a prize for supporting the research in a doctoral project. The prizes were endowed by several sponsors de.
Announcement of the prizes for 2022
The deadline for the application to the following prizes is 31st January 2022.
- Faculty prizes sponsored by Rohde & Schwarz, München
- Prize of the Dr.-Ing. Siegfried Werth Foundation
- Zeiss Ph.D. Award in Modern Optics
- Friedrich Hund Ph.D. Award
- Examination Prize of the Friedrich Schiller University
- Ph.D. Award of the Friedrich Schiller University
- Habilitation Prize of the Friedrich Schiller University
Every year the Gesellschaft der Freunde und Förderer der Friedrich-Schiller-Universität awards an habilitation prize for outstanding performance. The prize winners of the Faculty of Physic and Astronomy are:
PD Dr. Jürgen BlumAstrophysical Institute and University Observatory
"Planetesimalentstehung im frühen Sonnensystem - Beiträge der Laborastrophysik"
Dr. habil. Wolf Gero Schmidt
Institute of Condensed Matter Theory and Optics
"Semiconductor surfaces and their optical properties calculated from first principles"
Dr. habil. Ulrich Sperhake
Institute of Theoretical Physics
"Numerical simulations of astrophysical black-hole binaries"
PD Dr. Claudia Schnohr
Institute of Solid State Physics
"Complex semiconductors: From atomic-scale structure to band gap bowing"
Picture of the Awarding Ceremony [jpeg, 126 kb] de